cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rayrock1111
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

NEED HELP. Windows 7 sound drivers for dv8310us

HP Recommended

As explained above migration to windows 7 is not going well!  I hope my ignorance will help others...

I could get into the story of how I convinced my wife this version is the answer to some of her problems I have tried all drivers, windows xp, windows xp 64 (since the wnidows 7 version is 64bit), (Vista both versions drivers because supposedly windows 7 was built of that frame work) Also got mass Storage controller (problems) Multimedia Audio Controller (problems) PCI Modem (problems)  I have had problems ever since one of the disc I burned for restore purposes for windows that came with the system (windows media edition) bit the dust. Any Help would be greatly appreciated in advance, or fathers day will be a complete bummer 🙂 Thanks take care and God Bless  Ray  

Message Edited by rayrock1111 on 06-16-2009 06:44 AM
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
KnoxLee3
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Same problem-EXACTLY!  I have a DV8000 laptop and everything on the clean install (From Windows XP) went fine except modem, multimedia, and mass storage.  I've been spending the last 4 days trying to find a fix and not having any luck.  This laptop has the Turion 64, 2 "80" Gb HD, 17" monitor.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!  I'm at the point of doing a low level format and re-installing XP back on.
0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rayrock1111

1.Problem with audio driver:

Conexant AC97 Audio driver here

1) Download above file
2) Run sp35558.exe. It will fail.
3) Go to directory where sp35558.exe unpacked it's files.
4) Open CP6308Ba.inf file in notepad.
5) Find line:
[Conexant.NTamd64]
%*WDM_AMCAUD.DeviceDesc%=WDM_AMCAUD_DF,PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C
6) Copy line. Insert copy on new line, right above original. Add &REV_02 to end of line. It will look like this:
[Conexant.NTamd64]
%*WDM_AMCAUD.DeviceDesc%=WDM_AMCAUD_DF,PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_3091103C&REV_02
7) Save INF file.
😎 Open device manager: Start|Control Panel|Hardware and Sound|Device Manager|Update Drivers
9) In Device Manager application navigate to "Other Devices". Pick the Media device.
10) Right Click on device and select "Update driver software".
11) In dialog click "Browse my computer for driver software"
12) New dialog appears. Click Browse button.
13) In Find Folder Dialog navigate to folder with CP6308Ba.inf file. Click Ok button.
14) Click Next button. 

This method was reported as working in Vista64 and Windows 7 64bit version on Dv8000 models.

2) Solution for other problems:

Hi,

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
JeffreyMHoover
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this example!  It worked on my RTM version for zv6170us laptop audio driver.  I'm now going to install the released version and see if it worked.  I'm looking for a modem driver too.  So I'll try your example for it too.  I had to repeat your example but click on the actual file for it it work.  Clicked twice.  Any advice for modem is appreciated.

Jeffrey

New Hope, MN 

0 Kudos
flysjets
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've got an HP DV8310US and I've tried the fix (No Sound with Windows 7) you've explained here with no luck.  Am I doing something wrong?  There's another line under that heading.  It is:

Am I supposed to delete it or leave it? 

I've tried deleting it and leaving it and neither way has worked.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,465
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@flysjets

When Update driver and browse to the folder, have you tried clicking to select CP6308Ba.inf file?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
mickietee
Level 2
13 10 0 4
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just found a routine for the Conexant AC Link audio. See:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-7-Beta-and-test/pavilion-dv8000-audio-problem/m-p/188575#M3705

On the unidentified Mass Storage controller, I found that the driver for Vista on my dv8125nr actually installed the onboard card reader without question. It was the sp35308 driver that worked. Now I have Sound, and Mass storage.

The only device not yet found is the PCI Modem ddevice still listed under 'other devices.' I'll lleave that alone for now.

Happy hunting.

0 Kudos
bvanvalin
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCI Modem Hardware Id's for the DV8000 reads as follows:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4378&SUBSYS_309B103C&REV_02

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4378&SUBSYS_309B103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4378&CC_070300
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4378&CC_0703

EDIT:  woops, backed it up and posted the ID's to the wrong thread.  Sorry.

0 Kudos
Schol
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need an audio driver for Win x64 bit.I have a HP Pavilion zv6100.Can anyone help.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation