cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bob_Kegley
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Office Jet 6500 - windows 7

HP Recommended
Is HP going to support the users that already have the production release of windows 7???
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes they will. But you'll just need to wait another 10 days, which is when the retail version is released to the public, and HP can officially start supporting Windows 7.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
Bob_Kegley
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It is past the 7 days and Windows 7 is released to the public.  Still not support on this product!! When is HP going to support thier customers???
0 Kudos
mystiky
Level 3
33 25 1 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am too waiting for the Windows 7 x64 software.   I see that the 8500 printer got them released.   Why not for us, the 6500 users?  I want so that I can use it wirelessly.

C'mopn HP, hurry up!

0 Kudos
Charles001
Level 11
Level 11
3,008 2,997 220 361
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500 drivers are on the Windows 7 disc, have you tried plug in the officejet and maybe put the WIndows 7 disc back in if it didn't find the driver on the hard drive?
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
Bob_Kegley
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
yes, that works, but I need the full package driver. I have been told they would be ready when Windows 7 was live. That date has come and gone. When is HP going to help??  This is not a good way to treat your customers.
0 Kudos
RandomRabbit
Level 4
Level 4
145 145 7 22
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500 software and drivers are available at the links below.

Officejet 6500 709a

Officejet 6500 709n

Officejet 6500 709q

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation