cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gameman007
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post

Officejet Pro L7780 Win 7 Driver

HP Recommended

I have an Officejet L7800 all in one.  I noticed in your list of Windows 7 drivers that there was a Windows 7 driver available for download yet when I went to the driver download area I didn't see one.  What gives?

Regards,

Bill

14 REPLIES 14
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The Windows 7 driver will be available for download on October 22nd.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
Eiben
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The native Win 7 driver is providing networked printing, but will HP be coming out with the full featured driver / software that provides fax, scan...etc prior to Jan / Feb 2010?...seems like excessive amount of time.
0 Kudos
budyog
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am so upset with HP! Nothing but trouble with HP printers! Nothing but trouble since I bought this printer! I cannot scan or get it all to work with Windows 7! Whats up with that AND I was told the drivers will not be ready until late January 2010! I and I am sure a lot of other people who own this top of the line at the time all in one cant wait that long! Is it time to switch to a differnt name brand printer and not look back? I am furious!

0 Kudos
Zertopa
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree, HP has had what they need to write these drivers with plenty of time before the launch of Windows 7. Yeah they have a lot of products but so do other manufacturers, and if you are incapable of supporting your many products why produce so many in the first place? All your going to do after a certain point (once your too big to handle yourself) is tick off customers. While I'm on it you've done something with this printer that I feel was a pretty low blow HP, you know that littlechip you put in yopur inkwell cartridges.......the one that won't let the printer operate if one of the inks is presumed out. So that once it thinks it's out of blue ink I can't even print documents requiring only black ink! Yeah I cut that cartridge open and there was still enough ink to be operational, if your going to pull something like that it should at least operate off of actual numbers not an estimate. I can't even refill these cartridges on account of that little chip. Could you send me a reset device for that? You know so that once it thinks that it's out of ink I can tell it that it's not.<text deleted>

0 Kudos
Zertopa
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Almost forgot, why does this high tech printer always crash and need a hard reset anytime I try to use its wireless option? Has anyone else had this issue? I know it's not that my printer is just old and onery as my prior (same model) had the issue and when I recieved my warranty refurb replacement it still doesn't work. Did you guys just send me a faulty one thinkin' "this will shut him up"? Having the wireless functional on this would be much more convienant than the wire that's currently run to it. I don't know but when a manufacturer says that our product has this functionality it should have that functionality and not choke on itself whenever you attempt to use it. Maybe I'm just crazy?

0 Kudos
stephenaron
Level 1
8 8 0 1
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i too sometimes need to hard reset the printer, when my wireless computers wont print. Cant figure out why this is so....just has unfortunately become routine....and i have THREE of these printers!!!

Zertopa
4 4 0 0
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is very unfortunate stephenaron, a work around that I have found is to plug this printer into a wireless router (I use a Linksys WRT54G) that way it is availiable to my wireless computers. However this shouldn't have to be done as this model has built in WiFi. Kind of makes me think of a waffle iron that only makes pancakes.

0 Kudos
Zertopa
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Stephenaron, have you ever been able to get your wireless working? Mine has simply never worked. About these ink cartridge chips I have found that you cannot reset the OEM chips. However there is a third party device that goes in place of the OEM chip housing (face of the cartridge) it's $10 and resets whenever the printer is turned off. But it makes me wonder what HP does with this part when they receive them at their recycling plant, seems pretty wasteful to just toss that piece. So I believe that they must have a device to reset that chip I don't see increasing overhead as an effective business plan after all ink is dirt cheap unless of course you're a consumer. Well I could always find a way to reset this thing being an electrical engineer does have its perks sometimes, I found one of these printers on CraigsList for $50 so that'll be useful for testing purposes. Kind of irks me to have to spend the money and time to correct something that shouldn't be in the first place oh well FOR THE GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY right? Kind of disheartening though that a HP moderator can censor my first post within a minute but not be bothered to field my question. I'll post my results in here once I have them (I'm sure it's just a short across a couple of pins) and if they take it down I'll go ahead and make a web page to field the issue, printerfraud.com is available for $8.95 right now.

0 Kudos
stephenaron
Level 1
8 8 0 1
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My wireless has always worked under Vista and Windows 7. I just need HP software so i can scan again under Windows 7 wirelessly.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation