cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guidelines
Windows 7 has been released. No new threads can be started in this area, though existing threads are still active. Please join the conversation in the following product areas.
Notebook Operating System and Software
Desktop Operating Systems and Software
Printer, All-In-One Software and Drivers
Official HP Windows 7 Site

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dr_sills
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 21 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

As I'm sure you'd be aware had you read "advice" above, "turn printer on, Windows 8 will automatically detect HP P1005" is not a solution, but it is an excuse to sell Ugg boots at the website under which the author writes.
However, given that HP is *still* promising "a driver update will be available in early 2013," a nice pair of Ugg boots would work just as well as a P1005 plugged into a Windows 8 computer. At least I could wear them to the store when I buy a compatible printer.
0 Kudos
KlinikRobot
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 22 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

Hi All,

I try Like this to solve this porblem :

1. On Printer and Plug USB Device

2.  Go to Device Manager, and Uninstall Printer

3. Restart PC

4. Install Driver >> http://www.4shared.com/file/Q3irqkMW/ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en.html

5. Follow instruction to install new Driver

6. On Printer and Plug in USB to PC Port

From my PC it's work well now, so I can print using HP P1005 on my Windows 8, here My Control Panel view (have to Icon that sown HP 1005 avaiable) I try to not set HP 1005 Printer set as default printer (maybe cause the problem):robotlol:

0 Kudos
JiriCvrk
Level 3
44 31 0 1
Message 23 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

yes, It could work, but after some days and computer restarts, It ends.

0 Kudos
whereismyp1005
1 1 0 0
Message 24 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

I'm still waiting for this driver HP! It's April now.  I wouldn't call this early 2013.  You missed your promised deadline again (yes, you promised late 2012 last year).  Your product support is terrible. 

0 Kudos
dr_sills
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 25 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

Yeah, the solution proposed is neither effective nor lasting. Small surprise: we need a Windows 8 driver.

This is a great opportunity for HP to acknowledge the gap in their service, apologize for the onerous delay, write the required driver and offer every owner of a p1005 a discount on their next HP peripheral.

Otherwise, affected users might like to consider their legal options. Six months of "please wait just a moment" amounts to nothing less than fraud: it's a classic bait-and-switch, it's not fair to competitors who *do* update their drivers, and it's maliciously misinformative to the consumer.

[Content Removed]

0 Kudos
glennonline
1 1 0 0
Message 26 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

It's april and still no windows 8 driver for the P1005, how difficult can it be to modify a driver to work correctly on windows 8?

0 Kudos
JiriCvrk
Level 3
44 31 0 1
Message 27 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

laserjet p1005 not working under Windows 8 (W7 driver in compatibility mode stopped working after 2 days) no since october 2012 promised driver available :smileysad:

Please: write our complaints using "feedback" link here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3435676&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=

directly to HP.

Or: write please directly to HP facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/HP?fref=ts

anywhere.

0 Kudos
JiriCvrk
Level 3
44 31 0 1
Message 28 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

long awaiting w8 p1005 driver crashes during install!

CRASH.PNG

0 Kudos
Islay
3 3 0 0
Message 29 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

I downloaded and installed the Host-based Plug-and-play Windows 8 support recently issued.  Printing stops with an undefined error after five pages of a document.  Download and install was repeated, with the same result.

Is there any way I can cancel the document, so as to  try the support on another document?

Is there any way I can isolate the error?  At present, all I have is a printer stop, with the error light flashing, and no message.

After six months waiting for a driver, I expect something better than this from HP.

Regards,  Islay 

0 Kudos
KlinikRobot
Level 1
7 7 0 1
Message 30 of 40
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

P1005 On Windows 8

Hi,

Actually it's simple guys, I just don't install any driver, first think like this :

A. Uninstall existing HP Printer, plug in printer, and new printer detected

B. Try to print, if no work, just double click file : ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en

Note:

Someday when you face with print can't work, (during printer connected and ON), just doible click that file (ljP1000_P1500-HB-pnp-win64-en) and it will work at all.

It's happen to me (Windows 8 with HP Printer LaserJet P1005), I don't now if can't work with you.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation