cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LShaw
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Pavilion Elite M9040n and Win7

HP Recommended
I do not qualify for the HP/Win7 update and will purchase the full version of Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.  I want to do a clean install and wipe out Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  Will Win7 and the HP update site provide all my new drivers for the PC?  I have run the Win7 upgrade advisor and no problems other than email, but I don't know if that applies to 32 bit or 64 bit.  The m9040n has a 64 bit capable processor.  I really need to know how to proceed with the conversion so that I won't end up in a mess.  Any help?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Chandu
Level 4
139 139 8 15
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Certianly you may do a clean install on the PC but before that, I would suggest to create the recovery cds for the PC so that in future if there is any problem with the PC you may revert back to the factory settings with the help of these discs. Hp has planned to roll out the Windows 7 as an upgrade post October 2009 for certain qualified PC's, hence the relevant driver downloads for Windows 7 would be available post October 2009.

Creating recovery discs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00882383

About the Windows Upgrade program:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/mda/windows7/index.html

Chandu
+Hp Everything is Possible.
0 Kudos
LShaw
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for replying.  My primary question still remains.  Will I have to try and find drivers other than what HP and Win7 will offer?  Such as those necessary for the performance of the pc?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation