cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
yenieuq1225
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Solved!

Pavilion tx2000z clean install windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had just upgraded my tablet PC from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional so I had to do a clean install. Everything else seems to be fine but here are a few things I'm having a hard time finding answers to:

-the screen won't auto rotate, i already updated the drivers for ATI Radeon 3200 (graphics card). If i do it manually through the settings of the graphics it rotates.

-the preloaded programs that came with the laptop are now gone- youcam through cyberlink etc.. i was wondering where i can redownload those again? i went to the manufacturers website and they want me to purchase them! they came free on my laptop!

Any tips and link that you guys can extend is appreciated!!! 

Thank you,, 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Crewsr3
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a link to the software download page.  It has the extra software you are looking for.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3650978&lang=en

I pre-ordered Windows 7 and will install it after it comes.  I would like to know more about how well it works on this laptop.

I feel like Vista is just dog slow and simple things like opening firefox and watching online flash just eat up all of its power.  

When I bought it I got the fastest processor and upgraded the ram to 4 GB running the 64bit version but it still runs really slow.  I can't even watch Hulu without it jerking.  I turn off the side bar and any other programs and Hulu eats up all of the processor power.

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. Graphic card:

Uninstall Your current driver and install latest driver from Ati site. There is now 9.9 Catalyst version avaible for Win7. All informations gow to install it below:

Download desktop drivers (Catalyst Software Suite) from here and click on Motherboard/Integrated Video Drivers and then on Full Catalyst Software Suite for Your system.

2. Cyberlink YouCam Version: 2.0.2816 here

3. You may run Windows Update to get drivers. As i remember there is Wacom Digitizer driver for Win7 avaible. 😉

How to do it all informations here.

4. You can also use drivers from Vista. Link posted by user above.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
yenieuq1225
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the info.

I liked Windows 7 way better than Vista. The programs loads/opens faster and the system starts quicker. I love how they actually and finally used "aero" to manage the personalization of your computer. Also, the main thing i noticed is the sensitivity of the screen, since my laptop is a tablet. It seems to respond better on windows 7. I'm majoring in IST and i got the version for free at my school. I think you'll like it better. Its more organized and looks better. I really haven't had trouble running movies on this laptop- i mean i guess thats going to depend on your internet connection. I have a wireless network at my house.

0 Kudos
yenieuq1225
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you!! This really helps. I will try these and see what happens.
0 Kudos
cresen
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had ordered Windows 7 professional in July when it was offered for pre order.  I received that software last week today I was finally able to take the time today to upgrade my vista.  First problem vista home premium cannot be upgraded to Windows 7 professional most disappointing.  Regardless of using the two options offered by DVD the message was the same, You must have Vista Business to upgrade to Windows 7 professional to expensive.  Called Microsoft Store to return the product they understood and are in the process of issuing a return merchandise order to I may send it back they offered an exchanged but I do not wish to upgrade to Windows 7 Home.  Will have to live with the poor performance of Vista.
0 Kudos
cresen
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was told by HP that I will not be able to get support for my HP tx2000z using my extended warranty that goes until january 2011 if I upgrade my operating system to windows 7
0 Kudos
yenieuq1225
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Did you run the Window 7 compatibility tool? You cannot do an upgrade from Vista Home to Window 7 Professional. You will have to do a clean install. Thats what i did on mine and it works fine.You just have to update your drivers after that and you should be set.
0 Kudos
yenieuq1225
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I never heard of this because i actually talked to one of the Hp rep and he was telling me i still have a few months left on my MANUFACTURER'S warranty. I called in regards of upgrading to Windows 7 so if ever he should have mentioned something about it. Maybe they dont offer support yet coz the operating system is too new??
0 Kudos
yenieuq1225
Author
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,,

I got everything, well mostly everything on my laptop working but i was just wondering how i can fix the hot keys on the monitor? And also, the remote only turns off my pc now, it doesnt go directly to the media center like it use to do when i press the windows button. Do i have to reconfigure that?? If so, how??

Thanks,,,

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation