cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
charles_n_texas
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Pavillion m400y and Windows 7

HP Recommended

I have a m400y and have upgraded to Windows 7. I need help with drivers for my TV tuner. When I try and launch Media Center it tells me it can't find the TV Tuner. When I look at my Device Manager I see this error message for both the Conexant 23880 Video Capture (Blackbird NTSC Duak Input) and Conexant 2388x MPEG Encoder.

The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I had no issue earlier when running XP or Vista. With Windows 7 I have problems..

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd recommend getting a newer Compatible with Windows Vista or Win 7 Logo'd TV Tuner. This one is too old.

0 Kudos
2Bunny
Level 2
12 10 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Really? Cool! I made the switch to Seven on that computer as well (the video card did not receive an update from the manufacturer, so no aero, but I eventually found a driver that would at least let it work with my HD monitor). I have tried the Media Center thing, and it works fine. I don't recall having to set up any additional drivers or anything, I think Windows Update took care of it. Now, it doesn't look that great or anything, blowing tiny standard resolution TV up to a 1280x1024 HD Monitor, but its there if you want it. That is really interesting though that it wouldn't work for you. What version of Windows 7 are you using?

- 2 Bunny

0 Kudos
m400yUser
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am attempting to upgrade my m400y to Windows 7. How much memory do you have in the computer, 1 GB? 2 GB?

I am curious because HP's recommendation is 1 GB for the motherboard, but the manufacturer ASUS and memory sellers claim that it can support 2 GB.

What has been your experience?

Regards,

Jack J. Ference

m400yUser

0 Kudos
m400yUser
4 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How much memory did you end up in the machine, 1 GB (HP's stated MAX)  or 2 GB (Motherboard MAX)?

I am trying to do the same, but the MAX memory information is conflicting: HP says 1 GB and ASUS say 2 GB.

Which is correct?

Jack Ference

m400yUSER

0 Kudos
2Bunny
Level 2
12 10 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@m400yUser wrote:

How much memory did you end up in the machine, 1 GB (HP's stated MAX)  or 2 GB (Motherboard MAX)?

I am trying to do the same, but the MAX memory information is conflicting: HP says 1 GB and ASUS say 2 GB.

Which is correct?

Jack Ference

m400yUSER

Couldn't tell you to be honest. I'm at 700some MB. I'd imagine it should definetly go up to 2GB though. Crucial.com thought so also:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Media%20Center%20m400%20series

- 2 Bunny

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation