cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Evertb
Level 1
3 1 0 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Photosmart C4500 and Windows 7

HP Recommended

I'm trying to install the software for my new Photosmart C4500 printer on a desktop running Windows 7.

However the installer throws up an error that it is not compatible and refuses to install any further.

Is there a way around this?

Evert.

7 REPLIES 7
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Run teh installation file in Windows Vista Compatibility mode. That may install teh software. And just so that you know, HP hasnt released an official driver for Windows yet. So dont expect proper functionality.

Also, please use the search function of this forum to search for answers before posting a new one. This question has already been answered.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
Evertb
Author
Level 1
3 1 0 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would if I could but I do *not* get the option to choose the OS.

I also searched the forum but could not find any mention of this.

Evert.

DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Have a look at THIS thread.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
alonso01jeff
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How Do i Change compatibilty again, plz

0 Kudos
airtonecatiac
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dowload

0 Kudos
prefdavid
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It appears that HP have recently released a new update that HP's Update software recommends to fix occasional wireless connectivity issues with Wireless printers.

However what they don't appear to advise you is that after installing this it seems to block access to your currently installed wireless printers so you have to re-install the printer and delete the old instance before you can print again.

Well done HP, great job!  :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
jmasba
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
i bought a new laptop with windows 7 but my software is not working what can i do
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation