cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rickeames
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Photosmart Premium Software can't find printer

HP Recommended

My printer is connected to my wireless network and it works perfectly via my Mac.

My Win7 machine, running the Win7 software (posted 9/2009), just can't see the thing.  I even put in the IP address, still won't see it.  Turn off windows firewall, still won't see it.

I am at an impass and I need to get this thing working.  What could be blocking the machine from seeing the printer?  Again, the mac RIGHT NEXT TO IT sees it just fine.  Also, if I go through windows, it can find the printer, it's just the HP software that is having issues.  I want to be able to scan to computer, so I need this to work.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can you tell me which Photosmart Premium printer you're using?
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
rickeames
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C309a series is what it reports.

update: and now that I pay attention, I notice the software I have been trying to install is for the "g" not the "a".  Sigh,  And, of course, the "a" has no software posted for Win7.  I am so frustrated.

So when is the Win7 version going to get posted, and why on earth is it different than the "g" software?  I just need to scan...this shouldn't be that hard.  Does the x64 vista software work with win7?

Message Edited by rickeames on 09-27-2009 11:53 AM
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This printer doesn't have Win 7 software yet.

Edit: It'll be released on or a few days before October 22nd. The C309g is a totally different printer.

Also, please read this thread. It should probably help you. In the meanwhile, I'll raise a request to move this thread to the Windows 7 forum.

Message Edited by DexterM on 28/09/2009 12:27 AM
0 Kudos
rickeames
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, but when you go to the "HP Imaging and Printing and Driver Information for Windows 7" page, and click on Photosmart and look at my printer, it has a green checkmark next to "From HP.com download" indicating it's there, hence the confusion.

Any clue when I will be able to use my printer?  I just bought it because the page listed it as supported.  (I had to replace a 2600n that became unsupported by HP on SnowLeopard).  I thought I was being super careful.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The "HP Imaging and Printing and Driver Information for Windows 7" page also states that drivers will be available for download on or closer to October 22nd. That is when you should be able to use the full features of the printer. Also, check the first link I posted in my previous post.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation