cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
charlie2020
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Printer driver updates for Window 7

HP Recommended

I am running the full retail version of Windows 7. Does anyone know when HP is going to update their printer drivers for it? I have had to use generics and that leaves me short on functions. I have tried asking support and have gotten several different answers.

P.S. Microsoft has a winner with 7. Soooo much better than Vista.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
pcah9
Level 4
144 128 8 22
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
If you are using generic drivers why don`t you download the correct software from hp,i.e.put your model number in and download the vista software ,save it to your desktop.Click on it and under properties run it in vista sp2 compatibility mode,mine works perfect,all the software,printer,in fact everything.
0 Kudos
charlie2020
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I did try using the download but it doesn't work on mine. Are you using 7 professional?
0 Kudos
pcah9
Level 4
144 128 8 22
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes i am using windows 7 pro.

0 Kudos
pcah9
Level 4
144 128 8 22
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
64 bit I MAY ADD
0 Kudos
charlie2020
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The only difference is I am running 32 bit but I doubt that would make a difference. The printer I am trying to use is an officejet J6450 all in one. I don't know if that makes a difference either. I wouldn't think so.
0 Kudos
EricktheRed
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
to charlie 2020:  HP home page says "HP Software & Driver downloads will be available closer to the official release of Windows® 7, which is scheduled for October 22, 2009."
0 Kudos
EricktheRed
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP Software & Driver downloads will be available closer to the official release of Windows® 7, which is scheduled for October 22, 2009.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation