cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Primithras
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problems after Win 7 upgrade

HP Recommended

Hello,

Last week I bought a new HP 8530p notebook pre installed with Vista and all the drivers. Vista usually disgusts me and since the notebook was already showing random CPU spikes, this time was no different. So I decided to format the notebook and install Windows 7, no problems there.

After the upgrade I downloaded all the drivers from the HP site and did a windows update. Now I got most things working again like they should however 2 things are still giving me problems, maybe someone here can help me?

1) Some keyboard buttons are not working for example Fn+F8+F9+F0, which should show the battery status, dim or lit up the screen brightness manually. However Fn+F11 to switch between a few screen brightness presets does work and all the other Fn buttons work too. Also with Vista I would get a screen notification when I did something with the buttons, for example when lowering the volume, I don't get those either anymore. Do I have to configure it and the buttons somewhere first?

2) The fingerprint reader is also giving me problems, or rather enabling it. I installed the driver and HP ProtectTools Security Manager where I registered my fingerprints. I can us my fingerprints to log onto the security manager however I cannot use them while logging into my windows account. With Vista installed it would give me an option to swipe my fingers but now I only get to login with my password. How do I enable it to login with my user account?

Thanks,

Matthew

Message Edited by Primithras on 07-08-2009 02:15 AM
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Primithras
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Update: Got the key problem working again after downloading the HP quicklaunch buttons software. However I still can't use my fingerprints to log into windows, anybody any ideas? I think it's an option I need to enable somewhere but where...
0 Kudos
smithsterj
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone found solutions to upgrade this notebook to Windows 7. Im showing two unknown devices?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1)

HP Quick Lunch Buttons here

2)

AuthenTec True Suite software here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation