cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dclane
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Problems with Fingerprint Reader on Touchsmart TX2-1274NR Notebook and Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

HP Recommended

I have just upgraded my tx2-1274nr to windows 7 ultimate (64-bit) [my university released the upgrade a week early] and I followed the directions provided by technical support and downloaded/installed all the updated drivers and software.  Everything works great (actually better than great) except for two problems.

1. The fingerprint reader does not work. It shows up in the device manager, but when I try to register a fingerprint, Windows says no reader found.
  2. This problem is not really effecting the performance, but it states on the device stage that I am missing a driver for the keyboard filters?  I am not sure if this is important.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I am really loving the new system, especially the multi-touch (installed the drivers from N-trig)!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

@dclane wrote:
  1. The fingerprint reader does not work. It shows up in the device manager, but when I try to register a fingerprint, Windows says no reader found.

Check this and this thread. You need Authentec TrueSuite.

@dclane wrote:
  1. This problem is not really effecting the performance, but it states on the device stage that I am missing a driver for the keyboard filters?  I am not sure if this is important.

If You have any version of Quick Lunch Buttos installed uninstall them and install this here which is provided by HP for Win7.

Message Edited by Daniel_Potyrala on 10-16-2009 12:35 AM
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
okz00k
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Where did you get the multi touch drivers?  I am looking for my Win7 (64) Ultimate install on HDX9004
0 Kudos
dclane
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I went to: http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Multi_Touch

Scroll all the way to the bottom to download drivers.  I hope this helps.  

Daniel

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation