cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Floydian
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post

Product Number Error on Windows 7 Upgrade Page

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having a problem ordering the Windows 7 upgrade for the dv3t notebook I just received from the HP store (shipped on July 13th) Every time I attempt to enter in the product number, serial number and Windows Vista language preference info and select add to cart I get the error "Please enter a valid/eligible product number". This is a brand new dv3t, so it is eligible. Has anyone made any leeway on similar problems? I have already contacted the upgrade company per the contact info (both phone and email) and was told by phone that I will receive notification in 5 days of a product number validation and be able resubmit my info. My product number is NH680AV. Thanks everyone.

Also, where do I send my proof of purchase in order to receive the upgrade?

Chase Novack

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Bryan_N
Level 7
Level 7
425 407 49 137
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Chase,

There was a problem with some product numbers ending in "AV".

The system is being updated, and I verified that NH680AV is one of those that was added.

They said it may take a few days, if it does not show up by next Wednesday, please send me a private message and I will research again.

For the proof of purchase, you can email it to hpupgrade@arvatousa.com

I am an HP employee

-Bryan
0 Kudos
Floydian
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a ton, Bryan. That's more help than I've gotten from Arvato so far. I will be sure to check periodically and contact you if the product number doesn't work.

I have one more question as well. The product number I gave you is the one listed on the PC box, packing list and in the actual system information on my laptop. However, the sticker on the underside of my laptop has a different pn: NE899AV. I searched them both on the HP site and the computers they correspond to are identical. Do you know what the reason could be for this discrepancy? Would it be best to stick with the NH680AV product number stored internally on my laptop anyway?

Thanks again for all your assistance,

Chase

0 Kudos
mathyou87
4 4 0 0
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chase -

I am having the EXACT same problems that you are having.  My product numbers don't match and I'm not able to register for the upgrade either.  I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one in this boat.  Good luck.

Matthew Rogers

0 Kudos
Floydian
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Matt,

It's good to hear that this problem more than likely isn't an isolated one. Hopefully HP and Arvato can get this sorted out for us and for any others who may be having trouble. It is frustrating when you waited until this time specifically for the reason of having access to this upgrade and then not getting it. I'm sure this'll get sorted out regardless.

Chase

0 Kudos
Perrin77
Level 2
22 20 2 2
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I agree and hope something will be done about this soon.  I have the same problem with my unit's product number not working either, but my product number on the label on the bottom of my laptop and in my system information are the same, it's NV148AV.  I have contacted Avarto about this and have been told three times that I will be notified within five business days and well that has come and gone now. Oh and Bryan, the units that have supposedly been updated that end in AV still doesn't work when trying to order the free windows 7 upgrade from HP, it has been five days since you posted that.
0 Kudos
Perrin77
Level 2
22 20 2 2
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I meant NK148AV for my prodcut number.
0 Kudos
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,083
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AV stands for CTO (custom to order) notebooks...and sometimes there's more than one PN for the unit.  Have you tried using the PN listed on the order and not the bottom of the notebook?
0 Kudos
Perrin77
Level 2
22 20 2 2
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The only product number I have is NK148AV, is not just on the label on the bottom of my laptop, but also in the system information as well.  I did notice that the labels on the box that my HDX 18t notebook came in had a part number of NK625AV and on my proof of purchase this same number was the item number, but figured it can't be the product number since it was different from the product number on the label on my laptop and especially since it was different from the product number in the system information.  I did try using it as the product number when I encountered the error of not having a valid product number when I was trying to order the free windows 7 upgrade from HP, but it didn't work.
0 Kudos
Floydian
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 0
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To Kalt:

I have indeed tried both product numbers (i.e. the one on the bottom of the laptop and the one on everything else, the packing list/system info) countless times and like the others here I have not been able to get past the error message. I have been trying since last Wednesday.

Hopefully HP and Arvato can get this sorted out. It has been the "five business days" and I have yet to hear from a "Web Support Team" of any kind. I'll keep waiting and trying.

Chase

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation