cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
talhizzle
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Purchased on.... June 25th

HP Recommended
I bought my HP computer on June 25th.  According to the website, I need to have bought it starting the 25th to qualify for the upgrade.  Yet on this article (http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2009/090625xa.html) written on June 25th, it is stated that those who buy their computers "starting today" (June 25th) are eligible for the free upgrade.  Which is it?  Mine was bought on the 25th.  Does this mean I can't get the upgrade? Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really want Windows 7, but as I am a student, can't afford it, and would be quite disappointed if the one day discrepancy prevents me from receiving the upgrade.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Please see: Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
talhizzle
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I did see that, and it says June 26th.  What I was pointing out was a discrepancy between that page and this press release: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2009/090625xa.html which states "Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today [June 25th] may be eligible for the upgrade program."

My computer is eligible and all that, and when I did the upgrade option, it says that I wil get Windows 7 Ultimate, like I am supposed to - the only thing is that I put June 26th as my purchase date when my proof of purchase says June 25th.  I also included a note explaining that I bought this computer on June 25th, after seeing that very press release, with the belief that I would be eligible for the upgrade.

So I guess my question is, will they accept my June 25th purchase date because of what the press release said and the fact that I explained it?

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Compose an email message and send it to: hpupgrade@arvatousa.com and they will respond to your inquiry.
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation