cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Gunner86
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Question about free windows 7 upgrade.

HP Recommended

I purchased an hp laptop on the 23rd and seen that Hp offers the free upgrade to windows 7 on notebook purchased after the 26, now i was wondering if becaus i purchased my notebook so close to the 26 that maybe hp would honor the upgrade? If not all i would have to do is return the notebook at the store and purchase it again?

Thanks

Gunner

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,464
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As far as I know_June 26 and later is the only date that qualifies. You can of course return it as you've mentioned.Only other option is to purchase the pre-order of Win 7 for $49.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This upgrade offer is disgusting. Only if your machine has any Vista OS except basic.  Microsoft rethink this offer as it is not on.

0 Kudos
samschilling
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why is that disgusting?

You can still do the upgrade, just not an in-place upgrade.

0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I could understand it if my unit was say six months old but it's not. Why wasn' there any P O S advertising advising of this free upgrade at the store" not in any mags or Forums" prior to this date. .And to state that the basic Vista wasn't included  is a bit much .When is Vista not Vista? when it's basic!
0 Kudos
samschilling
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are running Vista basic you might not have the system requirements to upgrade to Windows 7.

find out here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements

don't be angry because you didn't do reasearch before you bought your product.

0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello. Firstly there was no info in the shop  that there would be an upgrade so soon after my purchase. Secondly according to an email from HP c.s  my unit is more than capable of using the upgrade.

Rgds

0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello samschilling. Just received this from the UK C.S  Seems that they say one thing and you another?

Regards

HP Customer Care http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/support.html

Dear C,

Thank you for getting back to us. On the forums, there would be different opinions from different customers regarding the performance of the notebook.

However, as per the specifications web link sent to you in our earlier email and analysing the specifications of your notebook, the comments on the forum seem to contradict with our response and there are different options as informed earlier.

Please do not worry, as we are here to assist you with any issues or queries with your notebook and will do our best in providing best support.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our website at: http://www.hp.co.uk/diagnostics 

Sincerely,

Debbie
HP Customer Care

0 Kudos
samschilling
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No info in the shop, huh?  The sure does constitute a lot of research on your part.

Windows 7 has been announced for the better part of a year.

0 Kudos
chajun
Level 1
13 11 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What's with the huffing and puffing? You might be a computer buff I am not, Then again I might be better at other things your not huh?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation