cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
xxben007xx
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Questions with Windows 7 clean install

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv7-1135nr

I would like to do a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my laptop. With the clean install i would like to delete the recovery partition and recreate it with the base install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Does my recovery partition contain the original Window Vista Home Premium x64 image/install files and drivers? My goal is to have a fresh/clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and recovery partition as if it came that way direct from HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You would not be able to recreate the recovery partition to load Windows 7. I would either leave it intact or make the recovery discs first, then delete. You may need these if you ever choose to go back to Windows Vista.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You would not be able to recreate the recovery partition to load Windows 7. I would either leave it intact or make the recovery discs first, then delete. You may need these if you ever choose to go back to Windows Vista.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation