cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Kasei
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

Quickplay no longer plays blu-ray after Windows 7 upgrade

HP Recommended

I have a HDX9310EA laptop - I upgraded it today from Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium.

Quickplay was updated to 3.7 before the upgrade, and played Blu-ray just fine. Now it won't play them at all. I've tried running QP in compatibility for Vista, and I get this error: 'playback is not allowed because the vga resource is unavailable'. On XP I see the disc but when I click to play it will perpetually stick on the loading screen.

I reinstalled QP from my SwSetup folder from Vista, and 3.6 recognises the disc but will constantly loop just as it appears to play, reloading the program and asking me to update.

What can I do?

Message Edited by Kasei on 10-22-2009 12:34 PM
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
ptrik3
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I think the only thing we can do is wait for quickplay to be updated for windows 7, or try to find another program to run blu rays. Windows does not have the blu ray license so you have to get the license through a 3rd party, like hp with quickplay, to play these roms. So the only solution is to wait or find a 3rd party solution. Does anyone know of a free or cheap windows 7 compatible blu ray solution?
0 Kudos
Kasei
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As far as I know Quickplay should be working, lack of native support doesn't impact on HP's own proprietary software.
0 Kudos
ptrik3
Level 1
7 7 0 0
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes I had a similar problem. DVD's work fun but BD's do not. Also windows media center says there is no 3rd party bluray software installed.
0 Kudos
Kev1n999
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I also have also had this problem and tried to get around the problem by installing the latest version of power DVD and get a similar message so i think its a problem with the graphic drivers
0 Kudos
quadpit
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had the same problem after my Windows 7 upgrade running QP 3.6. Setting the QP icon to run in Vista SP1 compatibility mode solved the issue for me.
0 Kudos
BigRube
3 2 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
How do you set the QP icon to run in vista sp1 compatibility mode? Im having the same issues my QP 3.7 wont play blue ray either but it will play regular dvds. This is really up setting HP wont help me unless i pay them money that I dont have
0 Kudos
quadpit
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Right-mouse-click the QP icon | Properties | Compatibility tab - then select the mode you want.
0 Kudos
BigRube
3 2 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your help i am very grateful im not sure what mode to run the compatibility mode in since upgradingto windows 7 ?

:generic:

0 Kudos
quadpit
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used the version Vista that was originally loaded on my laptop as the one to be compatible with since I knew it worked with it while loaded. You may need to try different versions of Vista to make it work but the Vista Home SP1 worked for me. Now I can play my Blu-Ray DVDs again.  🙂

Let us know if it works for you too.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation