cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
FattysGoneWild
Level 7
764 650 20 118
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Re: Windows 10 Upgrade.

HP Recommended

More importantly before even considering doing the upgrade. Where are the Windows 10 drivers from HP for said systems?

3 REPLIES 3
FattysGoneWild
Author
Level 7
764 650 20 118
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Then I HIGHLY suggest NO HP users upgrade to Windows 10 until HP releases drivers. You are just asking for trouble and issues with out Windows 10 drivers from HP. Windows 10 releases in a matter of hours and HP should have been ready day 1 with PROPER driver support.

No excuses and it is unacceptable to not be ready for users of currently owned systems. Especially for folks that have systems that came with Windows 8.1 Again. I cannot stress this enough for HP owners. DO NOT UPGRADE until HP releases Windows 10 drivers for your particular system.

Windows 7 and 8 drivers are NOT meant to roll over and work properly with Windows 10. Some MIGHT be fine. Others can wreck havoc and cause your system to not work properly. Or make it very unstable. Worse not work at all or boot up improperly.

Rixander
Level 7
1,033 994 33 154
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

as of now 7/28/2015 i have checked and my desktop does have about 4 updates from hp for windows 10 on my preview build but that does not mean your specific device may have or not availiable

and as for those 4 updates i have not opt for it till after the roll out of windows offical date which is supposed to be 7/29/2015 and be prepare there may be a delay to get the windows 10 upgrade do to possible mass download that people will upgrade if they chose to do so

btw this is why i have a second hard drive with windows 10 and leaving my orginal with windows 8.1 and i will not upgrade that orginal which is why i have the second hard drive for windows 10

Please provide Kudos to whom has provided answers or
good points or advice..
Aslo if the questions or issues solved please check it
"Accepted"
Thanks and you are welcome _____ Rick
Mrstenter
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,372 959 2,183
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey @FattysGoneWild @Rixander ,

That is why this post is here to ensure that you do your back ups and create the files suggested.

I have a Windows 10 system with Beats Audio that is using the Windows 10 Preview and it works just fine.

I used the HP Support Assistant and updated the drivers.

Works smooth and I love the new features.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation