cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tonyrxman
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 20
Flag Post

Re: Windows 7 Driver for HP 1215 Photosmart Printer

HP Recommended

Do you have a driver that will work with Windows 7...

I have the HP Photosmart 1215..

19 REPLIES 19
ZLevee
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 2 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Works in Windows 7 as well as Windows Vista:

Add a local printer using the existing port USB001 (virtual printer port for USB)

In the next window choose

Manufacturer: HP

Printers: HP Photosmart 7200 series

0 Kudos
Bdub
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm confused...so we can use both the Deskjet 990c driver with Vista AND the Photosmart 7200 driver with Win7 on our HP1215 Photosmart printer??

Doesn't this kind of seem strange????   I've tried your advice and my laptop takes f o r e v e r when trying to use the 7200 driver.  I had no problems with the 990c driver with Vista though.

0 Kudos
ZLevee
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 4 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What's weird about both drivers being usable?  It's not as though either is intended for this printer. 

I had a smooth experience with the 7200 driver in Windows 7, but haven't tried the 990c one because I didn't need to. 

See this other forum as well:

http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-support/9403-installing-hp-photosmart-1215-vista.html

Brian360
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I'm about to get a new computer with the 64bit Win7 Pro RTM version...do I still do the "Add a printer" technique or should I download the drivers for the Photosmart 7200 Vista drivers and install those.  The only reason I'm concerned is that my printer has the duplexing module.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
ZLevee
Level 1
3 3 0 2
Message 6 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the duplexing module add-on as well.  Not a problem.  Follow the "Add a printer" method.

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,309 26,664 2,425 8,965
Message 7 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brian360 wrote:

So I'm about to get a new computer with the 64bit Win7 Pro RTM version...do I still do the "Add a printer" technique or should I download the drivers for the Photosmart 7200 Vista drivers and install those.  The only reason I'm concerned is that my printer has the duplexing module.

Which printer do you actually have?  It does not appear the Photosmart 7200 Win 7 driver has capibility to support the duplexer with the drivers built into Win 7, I just installed it.  There are otherr Photosmart 7200 series printers, including the Photosmart D7200 and C7200 that this page indicates will have drivers available from hp.com for download.  Check back near Oct 22 to see if the new drivers have been posted at the links above.  If you have the Photosmart 1215 then I would suggest using the Win 7 drivers for the Deskjet 990, which does support the duplexer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Brian360
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Which 990 version then?  cm, cse, csi

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,309 26,664 2,425 8,965
Message 9 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Brian360 wrote:

Which 990 version then?  cm, cse, csi

Either the cse or csi should work and the drivers would be the same.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
Brian360
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 20
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This should be an interesting task as the HP site doesn't have "drivers" per se for the Deskjet 990 to download directly.  It looks like everything is supposed to be done automatically when the printer gets attached to the Win7 computer.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation