cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

Solved!

Seeking help with windows 7 and Photosmart P1100

HP Recommended
I know its an older printer and they arent making updated drivers for it, but is there any work around? Are there some drivers out there that will atleast give me basic print functions back? I can't see buying a new printer when this one works perfect still and prints great. Thank you for your time, any info is appreciated.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
33,091 26,473 2,405 8,646
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vyper wrote:
I know its an older printer and they arent making updated drivers for it, but is there any work around? Are there some drivers out there that will atleast give me basic print functions back? I can't see buying a new printer when this one works perfect still and prints great. Thank you for your time, any info is appreciated.

Use the Deskjet 970cse (or 970cxi) drivers from Add Printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Those arent available in the list.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vyper wrote:

Those arent available in the list.

If these are not showing up go to Add Printer and when the list comes up select "Windows Update".  It will take several minutes with no indication of progress, but once it completes there will be many more printers including the Deskjet 970 csi.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much! works great!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and looked in add printers for the 2 Deskjets you mentioned and they are not there.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks,

Jim Jinks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JimJinks wrote:

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and looked in add printers for the 2 Deskjets you mentioned and they are not there.

You need to enable Windows Update as discussed in method 2 here.  After that install the Deskjet 970 driver as shown starting in step 2 here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome Workaround!

Just upgraded to Win7 and thought I had to get a new printer 'till i found this...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried both the drivers but the computer would not recognize the printer.  I am using windows 7 with a hp photosmart p1100 printer through a usb port installed as LPT1.  I tried both deskjet 970 csi and 970 cxi drivers. what am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@1938chev wrote:

I tried both the drivers but the computer would not recognize the printer.  I am using windows 7 with a hp photosmart p1100 printer through a usb port installed as LPT1.  I tried both deskjet 970 csi and 970 cxi drivers. what am I doing wrong?

The USB port would typically be USB001: or a DOT4 port.  The LPT1: port is a parallel port.  If you are using a USB connection look for the appropriate USB or DOT4 port in the list of available ports after the printer is attached.  If you have a parallel port connection you could use LPT1:.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation