cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Carole6
Level 1
12 10 0 1
Message 21 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I got the exact same email.
0 Kudos
GeekRex
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 22 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
HP needs to either do this themselves or get a new vendor--Arvato sucks!!:smileymad:
0 Kudos
GeekRex
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 23 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Couldn't agree more! I have already received my upgrade from MS (3 days after launch). I have 3 systems already upgraded and want to get past Vista.
0 Kudos
TucsonAZ
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 24 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, thanks to the ridiculous delay in HP's (the "fullfillment company THEY hired!") releasing Win7 I downloaded ( out of boredom / frustration) the new release of UBUNTU 9.10 Linux OS to play with and see what its all about and I am GLAD I did...Ran it via the live CD mode to test it and see if it would play well on my HP laptop and EVERY function worked FLAWLESSLY. WiFi worked immediately, touchpad, Desktop, fonts everything looks great. The software center had a whole lot of great stuff... SO I went ahead and let it install on my laptop and ALL WENT SMOOTH as silk ( installed as my only OS)..Been using it for days now and it does exactly what I want it to do and looks great doing it! Thanks HP for the delay you opened a whole new world for me and released me from MS. I'm ain't going to worry on the delivery date now and just pass on installing Win7 nonsense...Found me  LINUX that does what I need...And I ain't gotta rely on MS anymore... And it's a lot of fun...Don't need worry about virus definitions, defragging and registry cleaners/repair programs and all that other money wasting nonsense running !!!!  I was always on the fence about LINUX and I figured someday I would at least try my hand on with it..IT IS REALLY INTERESTING and so I am very pleased at what I am seeing...I didn't have to fool around with my laptop to get anything working hardware or software wise....Running a HP G60-235DX now with Linux and LIKING it!!  This is my experience and glad I finally took a chance to try something new and different...Your mileage may vary.....BUT, I LIKE IT!!!!  Oh, it also works great with my HP C5180 PhotoSmart multi function printer without issues, too!!

Message Edited by TucsonAZ on 11-01-2009 01:21 AM
0 Kudos
manish22
3 2 0 0
Message 25 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ordered my Laptop on June 26. I got email from arvato saying that upgrade kit will be shipped between oct 22nd and oct30th. I called today and they said ignore that email. Upgrade kit may be shipped in November or december.

This is So Annoying.

0 Kudos
PlasmaShock
Level 1
15 10 0 0
Message 26 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Ridiculously poor service from HP and their "partner" as usual.
0 Kudos
bonesdad
Level 3
66 62 0 11
Message 27 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
wow, lots of overwrought people here.  I agree, HP and Arvato should be able to pull this off without this delay, but they didn't...so what?  We all have operating laptops with a different OS installed (probably Vista).  Windows 7 is not going to change your lives or make anything about your computer better or even much faster.  Will another month before you get to install what has been called Vista Service Pack 3 really destroy your enjoyment of your computer so much?
0 Kudos
whollisct
2 2 0 0
Message 28 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have wasted 35 minutes trying to get Phillipines "Arvato Customer Service-less"...basically like others got the email stating I'd receive my kit Oct 30th - Nov 9th. My "status" hasn't changed from Accepted...."Jack", "Ram", and "Kirby" from Arvato Phillipines tell me they apologize for the delays, but honestly they have no idea when my kit will ship, be patient, and maybe sometime in December it will arrive.

Cool my jets?  I think not - I have a Case Manager involved and will call back on Monday.  Corporate Phone is (650) 857-1501. They don't like to publish it for obvious reasons but SEC laws require its disclosure.  If this isn't resolve fast I am getting my state Attorney General's office involved.  After all, Richard Blumenthal LOVES being on television!!

I can't access my shared folders on my home network due to "VISTA"garbage so the Service Pack 3 now known as Win 7 supposedly fixes it.

For those fortunate few that have received their kits I understand the upgrade process is pretty painless.  BACKUP YOUR DATA!!  The student issue I believe is separate.

0 Kudos
ezootter
4 4 0 0
Message 29 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just checked and my windows 7 is on its way.
0 Kudos
GeekRex
Level 1
17 15 0 0
Message 30 of 49
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Lucky, lucky you! I'll be lucky to have mine in hand by Xmas at this rate. Screw Arvato!!! :HalfEyes:
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation