cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
RobertMac
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

So people who got defective VISTA before JUNE 09 are screwed?

HP Recommended

So....If I purchesed my laptop before June 2009...but I have a defective Windows VISTA.....I am just out of luck?  What kind of consumer support is that?   If this is the best you can offer...I certainly will not be buying any more HP products.  I do not think I will be the only one who feels this way, unless you make good on this offer.  If GM or Honda sold a defective product, they would recall it and replace it with a good one. 

HP is going to lose a lot of costomers.....  Bottom line? / Millions of dollars.  

I was told when I immediately discovered that VISTA does what VISTA wants, and not what 'I' want.....that I could PAY to remove this defective product, and go back to XP which was a superior operating system...and HP KNEW...when I bought this computer that it was defective.  I was not given the OPTION  to purchase a computer with Windows XP, although you have known for a long time that XP was a better operating system. I will personally be pleased to join the millions of people in the law suit against you if you do not correct this.  Included in this lawsuit, besides the purchase price of Windows 7, will also be 'Grief and Hardship'  for all the problems using this operating system, the MASSIVE acumulation of WASTED TIME and effort, and the unnessecary 'WEAR'  on my computer, for over-use of the mouse and keyboard in all the extra key strokes and mouse use, required to navigate this Windows operating system........which FINALLY after all this time, I see you have actually offered an upgrade to easily navigate pages.  If I have to pay to upgrade to Windows 7......are you going to repair my worn mouse pad for free?  Are you going to pay me for my time that was lost, and for all the data I have lost?

13 REPLIES 13
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey there, keep in mind that the Windows 7 upgrade program is the same for all manufactures and Microsoft aswell. This forum is a User to User support forum and HP does not monitor to provide assistance.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SWY
Level 4
89 87 2 18
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh yes, yet another boring, whining, and grossly inaccurate Vista post.  There is nothing defective about Vista and (indeed) nothing in your little whine identified a single Vista issue. If you bought the machine recently, maybe you should have tried using it, instead of  looking for a copy of XP.  On a current generation system, Vista is stable and performs reasonably - no it is not Microsoft's fastest OS but it is certainly more stable than the OS that made BSOD a universal acronym (XP).  Windows 7 is just about as stable Vista and certainly a lot faster - no surprise since it is a Vista upgrade. BTW, if you think Vista does "what it wants" (whatever that means), Windows 7 takes the Vista approach to an OS to a new level.  It certainly doesn't go back to XP in any way.  SInce I (and many others) are really tired of these posts, I'll just add the following:

1) The starting date for the Windows 7 upgrade program was common knowledge in June and was not set by HP or any other manufacturer.  It was set by Microsoft. 

2) If you needed a machine in June and wanted XP, Dell would have been happy to sell you one.  If you didn't need to make the purchase immediately, you could have waited a couple weeks for the upgrade program to start. 

3) Please point out the company that gives you the next product because you didn't like the current or past one.  I am sure everyone from your toaster, television, microwave, car, etc. manufacturer has given you your next one free when you had an issue.  I've spent years helping people with their unending XP crashes and other screw-ups, and view it as Microsoft's worst OS next to ME (just with greater longevity that has allowed people to forget how bad it initially was and adapt to all of its nuisances).  I guess I should have gotten Vista and Windows 7 for free.    

4) If you didn't want to pay full price for Windows 7, there was a discount program that has also now come and gone.

Good luck with that lawsuit.  I am sure it will be about as successful as you will in getting a free copy of Windows 7 by complaining at forum participants as if we work for HP....

Stephen

Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you for saying all of the things my fingers did not want to type out.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

samschilling
Level 6
524 516 11 54
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Stephen, for you have spoken for all true computer users.

The bottom line is, if you don't want a piece of software, don't get it.  Don't like Vista?  Buy a notebook that has XP.  And don't bull**bleep** about it not being offered.  Lenovo and Acer still offer XP on notebooks.  Didn't do your research?  Not HP's fault.

RobertMac
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
    (Quote.....Buy a notebook that has XP) <text deleted> Where can you buy a computer with XP?
Message Edited by WendyM on 09-06-2009 10:05 PM
samschilling
Level 6
524 516 11 54
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
As I said, many companies still offer notebooks with XP.  Acer and Lenovo do, and I think Asus also does.
Message Edited by samschilling on 09-06-2009 11:12 PM
Southsider
3 3 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a certain sympathy with RobertMac.  My Vista machine crashed with a BSoD problem related to NVLDDMKM.SYS in April 2009 and no one - HP, NVIDIA or Microsoft have been able to fix it.  The disdainful attitude displayed by one of your correspondents hints at a lack of empathy with those of us who bought a machine in good faith and have since been let down by the compaies involved.  (I even wrote to the HP CEO but was effectively ignored.)

There is a technical issue here which is unresolved, and, incidentally, I still have the issue under WIN 7 Beta!

Currently I am suing the retailer, because under UK consumer legislation, that is the easiest way to obtain redress.

Perhaps a bit more charity in the replies.

Regards,

WMiked

Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
What are you suing the retailer for?

Southsider
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The money I paid for the machine , plus the court cost (£60), cost of recovery disks which did not recover, new memory and interest on the total amount since I began the legal action.

However, if you meant why am I suing the retailer and not the manufacturer(s), that is because under UK law the retailer is responsible for defective goods.

Regards,

WMikeD

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation