cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AIAX
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Switcable graphics on dv6-6179er

HP Recommended

HP dv6-6179er

Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have a problem with switchable AMD ATI/Intel HD3000 graphics card in dynamic switch mode and in static mode.

I had tried a different combinations of driver software from HP download center, and from AMD official site, but all of them didn't solve the problem.

A lot of people in different MS forums ask this question.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,417 90,294 11,607 24,900
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02731962&jumpi...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
AIAX
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I didn't have this part of menu. HP drivers for ATI and Intel graphics hadn't installed. ATI Consumer Preview graphics installed but CCC worked with errors and show message box that no installed AMD ATI graphics adapters in the system.

I know that windows 7 drivers compatiable with Windows 8 Consumer Preview, but for this we need modified INF in driver packs. I need help to know where i can download modified ATI or Intel drivers switchable graphics for MS windows 8 Consumer Preview, or how i can modified latest drivers from HP site to install it in Windows 8.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation