cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DKizzy
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Switchable Graphic Drivers Not Installing On Win 8

HP Recommended

I hope somebody from HP responds. We need driver updates for the switchable graphics to work properly with Windows 8! Plus the drivers in gernal need to be updated. Some of us do some light/casual gaming on our machines. I performed a clean install on my laptop. I tried running as admin, and compatiblity mode, but the package for C++ Redistributable is causing an error.

1. Product Name and Number

HP Pavilion dv6t-6100 CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC    

2. Operating System installed (if applicable) 
     Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation

3. Error message (if any) 
    AMD Display Driver

Final Status: FailVersion of Item: 8.882.2.3000 Size: 90 Mbytes

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

Final Status: FailVersion of Item: 10.0.30319 Size:

Error messagesApplication Install: install package failure! Application Install: install package failure! Driver Install: the driver package does not specify a hardware identifier

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
Clean install of Windows 8

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DKizzy
Author
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
DKizzy
Author
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I uninstalled reditrib packages and now the installer freezes on this screen:

error.PNG

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,429 90,306 11,610 24,901
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You've got a car which has been running perfectly. Now a new type of fuel comes in and you pour it to your car then your car stops. Who is at fault ? The car manufacturer, the fuel developer or yourself ?

Back to Windows 8 business. I've posted few warnings about this: vendors, all of them, will release drivers for their products, hopefully sometimes next month (October 2012) or may be this month. Not all products will be in their lists, some may miss out.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
DKizzy
Author
Level 2
12 11 0 3
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Typical to blame the end-users lol. Have there been any announcements by HP about releasing updated drivers? Posting warnings for the rest of us is commendable, but it doesn't mean much unless it is coming straight from the vendor, which despite your post count and Kudos doesn't make you the ultimate guru with what's going on inside HP HQ, or perhaps it does?

Common sense would tell you that not everyone spends as much time on these forums as you do, so how am I, or anyone else for that matter supposed to know when you are posting warnings? lol. Sad to see that you have to use the forum to empower your ego and then after making your point acting kind enough to dive into the topic at hand.

With the release being less than 60 days away, you would think that there would be a prevelant update regarding drivers for a new OS.

0 Kudos
Designvs
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More seems that HP is not much to this linking computers sold before October 2011! Look at that and tell me if I'm wrong on something.

Enter the model of the notebook and see with their own eyes.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ad/windows-8-offer/instructions.html

I have an i7 / 6gb / ATI 6850 and I can not enjoy Windows 8?

HP has a good answer for that!

0 Kudos
Designvs
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Already tried installing the drives directly from AMD, compatibility options, among other unsuccessful attempts.
0 Kudos
azz156
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bad analogy your using there, its like putting the same fuel but slightly improved into your tank so there shouldnt be a problem.

since this is still windows and all other drivers seem to function fine, all were waiting on is the critical graphics switching bit of software which should have been done and released months ago but as it is now our ati chip is useless. 

Keep in mind Intel and AMD have both released there final versions of there drivers for windows 8 (not betas but official) so were all wondering mere weeks before windows 8 goes live with semi broken laptops what the hell HP is doing. i thought the idea behind a mass beta/RC/RTM release is to get the software out there and test till its perfect but thats been shot in the foot when all laptops bought in the last year cannot even function properly.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation