cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fgaudet
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Switchable graphics on HP TM2 1000 (Radeon 4550)

HP Recommended

Hello all, 

I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview over Windows 7 Home x64 on my tm2 1000 (SU9600, w. Intel GPU + ATI Mobility Radeon 4550).

So far everything is working great, except for the switchable graphics. Both GPUs are installed correctly and have the correct drivers (this took some fiddling around), but I haven't found a way to switch from on to the other.

As it is, I seems both are always powered on, resulting in much much shorter battery life.

Has anyone found a way to get the switchable graphics to work?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,950 42,190 4,642 12,403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can help us help you by posting the following information.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't know how to locate the model number and\or product number.

I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation