cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
DCSwearingen
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

System Restore DVDs Vista vs Windows 7

HP Recommended

I am brand new here and I appologize if this has been asked before.  I looked around and tried searching but did not find my answer.

I just reveived my new HP Pavillion dv7t last night.  The Notebook Essentials booklet says to create a set of System Restore DVDs, but that this can only be done one time.  I am in the process if registering for the upgrade to Windows 7 snce it is due out in less than week. 

Should I go ahead and create the System Restore DVD set with the Vista OS, and if I do will I then be able to create another System Restore DVD set for the Windows 7?

I would like to make sure I have a System Restore based on both of the operating systems in case I need to go back to Vista, but still have a System Restore for Windows 7 if it proves stable and I like the OS.

I hope this makes sense...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,462
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Make your Vista Recovery DVD's. Two reasons...

1.you won't be able to make a Win 7 Recovery set, (unless HP offers some magic here).

2.if you install Win 7 and later need to reinstall it you will have to start over with Vista installation and do the upgrade process again (unless HP's version of upgrade works differently than retail version...haven't gotten an answer on that one).

Of course you could always use an Imaging app to make an image of the freshly installed Win 7 to use in the event of a reinstall.Acronis True Image or Macrium Reflect are 2 good choices.Macrium is my preference.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation