cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
i_am_jimbabwe
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Touchscreen Issues with Win8 CP

HP Recommended

Hello All,

I am using a tx2 1275dx and have been for years now. I love it, small form factor for when I travel and have to do more than I would use my tablet for.  I recently installed the Consumer Preview and having some small issue with the touchscreen.  It seems I can not do the swipes from the side of the screens due to the casing around the touchscreen.  Indeed, these swipes and gestures can be done by "long touching" the corners or edges of the screen in some cases as well.  Neither of these things work on my 1275dx.  Is there going to be a calibration fix for the touchscreen for windows 8 ?  My roommate has an Acer, and the put out a fix for hers to work, and I would sorely love one from HP. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RobAld
Level 4
142 140 2 11
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>  It seems I can not do the swipes from the side of the screens due to the casing around the touchscreen. 

Are you sure that is why swipes aren't working for you?   I think it is mostly because we need more practice at doing them, e.g. both speed and gesture.   I don't know if there is still a training tool...  All I can see is  Flicks Training  and I was never any good at that either.   ;  }

In any case, you can avoid problematic swiping by knowing the appropriate keyboard shortcuts.   E.g. the right-side Charms can be brought up with Win+C  (C for Charms?)   The bottom options bar is usually Win+Z  and provided you have some apps open you can see the left side "app switcher" by pressing  Win+Tab.

I suppose when you travel you don't have ready access to a keyboard?   Not to worry.   W8 CP now has a full  Touch Keyboard  available, though I'm not sure it is there by default...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-desktop/how-do-i-get-the-virtual-keyboard...

So, provided you can reach your Desktop and have the Touch Keyboard  Toolbar  enabled in your  Taskbar you can do anything you need to do without swiping and without having a phyical keyboard.   The only problem is getting back to the  Start Screen  but I have some ideas about that too...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Consumer-Preview/QLBCTRL-exe-in-W8/m-p/1453865

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0 Kudos
i_am_jimbabwe
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My apologies for the long time in responding, I was travelling, and took another device with me, this was opened on my tablet when I returned.  

Yes, I am sure that is why the swipes were not working for me RobAld.  I became quite practiced on another device with the touchscreen swipes.   Though, I am posting here now to let any other tx2 1275dx users know how my problem came to be resolved. 

I simply removed the previous calibration, and it works... to an extent.  It isn't nearly so seamless with the swipes as it was with a device with no bezel.  But they do work, usually the first time.  So, for anyone else who was having this issue, go to :

Control Panel -> Tablet PC Settings -> Click/touch 'Calibrate' and do what it says, then I clicked/touched 'Reset' and applied administrative priveleges and as soon as it was reset, my touchscreen worked from the full edges. 

Again, sorry for the long response, but hopefully this helps someone in the future!

James

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation