cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
damelo
Level 2
21 21 0 1
Message 101 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Chucker,

I  received this message last night after they told me it was all fixed and to place the order again. Now they say my serial number is not on the list, or it is wrong! see below:

Dear

This is in response to your email regarding your application and invalid serial number.

Thank you for your interest in the Windows7 upgrade program.

As I understand it correctly, you tried to place an order online but failed

to do so. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have tried to place an order

online on your behalf and got the same error invalid serial number. I have checked out our

master list of valid numbers and it is not included. Here's what I can

do. With the information provided, I will forward this over to the support team for a review. We will notify

you within 15 business days via e-mail or a callback. We will keep you posted with any developments.

Should you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Karen
Windows 7 Upgrade Program Customer Care

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Still the same message see below!!
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The web site is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please try to access the site again later.

If you require additional support, please contact our customer care team using the information below. Your comments are important to us and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.

Email: hpupgrade@arvatousa.com
* A response will be provided within one business day

Phone (U.S. and Canada): 1-877-280-2279
* Support available Monday through Friday 10AM-10PM and Saturday 12PM-4:30PM (Eastern time)
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 102 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Chucker - Your situation is not forgotten. Waiting for the fix to go live before letting you know to try uploading again. Keep hanging in there.
HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 103 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
damelo - Here's an option for you: send your serial number, product # and proof of purchase to the following e-mail: Win7_Upgrade_Option_Program@hp.com? I will work this through with Arvato on your behalf and keep you updated.
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 104 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Chucker - please send your proof of purchase, e-mail and order # to; Win7_Upgrade_Option_Program@hp.com; I'll keep you informed. There have been many, many orders that have gone through successfully throughout the time you've been frustrated by your particular situation which did trigger the need for a system fix. Let me work with Arvato on your behalf.
damelo
Level 2
21 21 0 1
Message 105 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
eClaire- I already have sent them proofs of purchase and invoices as gif attachments twice . this was my 25th email to them. Somebody does not know what the heck they are doing!!!!
0 Kudos
damelo
Level 2
21 21 0 1
Message 106 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
eClaire- I will send them to the emailaddress you posted thanks!
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 107 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you eClaire

I sent the information.

As of this morning I was getting this message on the upload option:

Your order's status currently does not allow you to make changes to the POPs

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 108 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi eClaire -

I just received an e-mail from Arvato saying they changed my status from 'Rejected' to 'Pending'  whew!

I would like to inform you that I have changed your order status from Rejected to Pending. What you may do is to re-send your proof of purchase or your official receipt that should contain retailer's name, date of purchase, item and its price to complete the process.

I have just one more question - at this point should I send a copy of my packing list (which is what I uploaded the first time) or upload a copy of my online receipt? I have this strong feeling I should use the online receipt this time so as not to get another rejected message. The reason I'm asking is that the printing is quite small on the online receipt, but every bit of information they are looking for is on it.

I'm ready to roll,

Chuck.

(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
Chucker
Level 3
42 35 0 5
Message 109 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi eClaire-

I just received the e-mail that my proof of purchase was approved - thank you for fixing this for me.

I should have remembered my past dealings with huge online programs in the past and how things will go wrong whenever there are thousands and thousands of people involved.

My last experience was with the shutting down of MSN groups and the migration of them to Multiply.

I am very greatful for what you did for me here.

Chuck

(C. S. Lewis)
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 110 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Chucker - Thank you for showing patience and perserverance. You are, as they say "good to go!".
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation