cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Salb
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgrade Windows Vista Home Basic to Windows 7

HP Recommended
I have Vista Home Basic. It appears that I do not qualify for free upgrade. Can I purchase upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium? Windows 7 Professional?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You can definitely purchase it. But I'm not sure if you can upgrade Vista home Basic to Windows 7 using those disks too. You *may* have to do a clean install.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
PC_Tester
Level 7
1,475 1,465 35 112
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01778879&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3752245

According to this chart, you have to do a Clean or Custom Install if you want to use Windows 7 Professional (if starting from Windows Vista Home Basic)

Message Edited by PC_Tester on 10-23-2009 06:10 PM
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation