cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
spatel14
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Upgraded HP dv4t-1400 to Windows 7 and one problem..

HP Recommended
My university offers a full version of Windows 7 to engineering students, so I did it.  I just got my laptop yesterday, so I upgraded yesterday as well.  Everything went well and I installed the drivers that the OS would let me, some didn't work due to compatibilty issues, so I didn't worry about it too much because the computer was working fine and everything.  However, the only problem I seem to be having is that the mute light above the keyboard normally turns red when muted and stays white when  unmuted (before upgrading to Windows 7) and not, it constantly stays white.  When I tap it, the volume does mute, but the light does not turn red.  It was doing this perfectly before the upgrade, and now it's not changing colors at all.  How can I fix this?  
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
samschilling
Level 6
524 517 11 54
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You'll have to wait until HP releases quicktouch button drivers for windows7

or you can try download the lastest Vista quicktouch drivers and running them in compatability mode for Vista.

use you p/n number at hp.com/support to find the latest drivers for your notebook

0 Kudos
lmanlo
Level 2
14 14 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I had that problem one time with the RC but haven't had that problem with the full version. I also got mine through school. I have the HP dv4-1114 and what I did was manually re-install the driver for the quick launch buttons from the hp site. You can try doing that reinstall the drivers for the quicktouch. Because mine works good it turns red when it's muted and goes white when its not. I'm not sure what else to do but that. Reinstalling driver worked for me and hope it works for you.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation