cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ragatazz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Upgrading from Vista 64 bit to the new Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Can someone provide me with detailed instructons on how to do a clean install.  I am reading that a clean install is better than an upgrade.  If someone doesnt think so.  Please tell me.  I have the HP Pavilion Elite e9107c PC.  Its only about 1 month old.

After I load the new Windows 7, should I create a new recovery disc. and Do I never use the recovery disk that I created for Vista again.

3 REPLIES 3
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7 tutorial here.

Yes You should make new recovery disks.

This step should be always done after starting to use new system.

Microsoft documents about repair and recovery here.

Other tutorial about backup in Win7:

How to Backup User and System Files in Windows 7 here

How to Enable or Disable to Backup Data Files in Windows 7 here

How to Delete Windows 7 User and System Backup Files here

How to Reset the Backup Files Configuration in Windows 7 here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
oldgi
Level 1
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, I got my HP Windows 7 upgrade for my Vista 64 system. Upgrade went in clean without any problems. Now I would like to make a Recovery disc either to my original partition or to dvd media. The Recovery Option is not in All Programs as I have already made one set of the Vista 64 system. Is there a way now that I have upgraded to Windows 7 64 that I can make a new Recovery Set for this Windows 7 64 setup???????

It seems ridiculous to have to go back to Vista 64 and them reinstall Windows 7 64.

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Recovery Manager for Microsoft Windows 7 here

Using HP Recovery Manager in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation