cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Weeble61
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 1 of 16
Flag Post

Solved!

WINDOWS 7 UPGRADE PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended
Hi, I am in Australia, and have a 64-bit HP DV7.  I filled out the application form to upgrade but when I put the model number in, it automatically chose wiindow home premium 32-bit - the problem is, it is greyed out and won't let me change it to 64-bit...I can't place the order as it's wrong for my operating system. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 16 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You're more than welcome!

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
15 REPLIES 15
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hey there! I would contact HP Support directly regarding this. They may be able to get you the correct version.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

Weeble61
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 3 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thanks...will give it a go and see what happens
Weeble61
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 4 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
hmmmm....hp are  telling me 64-bit isn't available 😞
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 5 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It may not be available. Can you post the P/N for your unit?

Weeble61
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 6 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
yes I can, I can put everything in, model, s/n and p/n but not 64-bit...or did you mean post it on here?
Message Edited by Weeble61 on 09-07-2009 04:42 PM
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 7 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No no, can you tell me the P/N for your unit?

Weeble61
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 8 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
lol sorry, I edited my reply as you replied....it is DV7-2043cl and the product no is NM101VA
Weeble61
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 0
Message 9 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
SORRY - CHANGE THAT TO U A - NOT V A
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 10 of 16
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hmm, not sure why it is not giving you to option for 64 bit. Sorry I cannot assist further. :Crying:

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation