cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hriket
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Was anyone able to transfer audio to bluetooth headset in windows 7?

HP Recommended
I have a bluetooth stereo headset. Its a cheap china made headset called skywing. I am able to pair it and use it with my cell phone. It used to work with my old dell laptop. I recently purchased a HP tx2z touchsmart laptop and now I installed windows 7 RC 64 bit edition. I tried to use the headset to use it with skype. Windows detects its installs the software and says the device isready for use. Also it shows a message saying that the device has been added to audio gateway. But there is no icon shown in the sound mixer. When I go to the bluetoot device properties. In audio tab the skywing shows up. there are two devices showm skying headset ( audi with mic ) and skying stereo ( audio only ). If if select stereo and click connect it does not connect. But if I click headset and click connect it gets connected. When I go back to skype setting or mixer the bluetooth headset is not shown. I do not know whats the problem I would appreciate any help. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
pdx101
Level 1
7 6 0 3
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's a problem.  Hopefully, someone at HP will help you.

Windows 7 knocks out Bluetooth and (at least some) Web Cams.  Also, some graphics drivers.

I just found the other day that the Win7 upgrade knocked out Bluetooth.

Basically, no one should have migrated from Vista until there was far better support and a seamless path to Windows 7.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
hriket
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The windows 7 release candidate is much more stable. I like most of its features. Even with bluetooth my phone gets connected. But I have problem with this stupid headsets. Hopefully someone has the solution
Archangel_Renzo
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One thing you can do is simply find the 64-bit version of those drivers for Windows Vista. The drivers work the same with windows 7 without the increased and automatic functionality though. Try that out. You should be fine.

For instance, my graphics card and sound card didn't have drivers with Windows 7 64-bit, but by downloading the ones used for the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, Windows 7 adopted them and uses them just as well if not better than it did when I had Vista running on my laptop.

ArtAppreciator
Level 5
Level 5
204 200 22 75
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Try this HP Bluetooth driver for Win7 - SP44774.exe
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
OleMH
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I've been struggling for 2 mnths trying to find a solution for my QED Uplay. Your post was the 100th try and the only one who helped me on my 64-bit W7 OS. :OpenSmile:

StN08
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I installed sp44774.exe on my HP 6910p with W7 64bit and I am able to use a bluetooth headset but somehow I cannot control the microphone sensitivity. It's 100% all the time even if I reduce it to 0%. Only if I push the "switch off" button there is silence in the air. (I use Control Panel > Sound > Recording > Headset > Properties... Level)

Any idea how to gain control ?

Thanks for your efforts.

Stefan

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation