cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
warm__tape
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Weird Screen issue TX2 w/ windows 7

HP Recommended

Hi there, im having a strange issue with the display of the TX2... on startup, the screen sometimes has two horizontal white bars dividing the screen into thirds, with only the top third actually functioning. its still possible to log in etc, if you guess where to click. the problem is intermittent and random, it can come and go when

a) putting the computer to sleep

b) entering and exiting full-screen things

c) putting the notebook in and out of tablet mode.

issue existed out-of-the box, notebook is a replacement for the tx-1219 i had to send away 4 times

help would be appreciated! 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
learnfromit
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my TX2 as well.  The lines only come up when I start up and I can't do anything about it except turn off the computer and start over again.  Unfortunately I have to do this 3 and 4 times, and other times I have no problems.  I am running Windows Vista. 

0 Kudos
cccpete
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was there ever any resolution to this? I have the same issue! Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
cccpete
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was there ever any resolution to this? I have the same issue! Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
learnfromit
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I sent an email to technical support and they suggested steps to follow to resolve the issue.  I completed all the steps without error messages and complications, however, after about 5 consecutive successful start ups (without lines) the problem started up again.  I'm waiting for a reply from them.  They have been consistently working on it, you should email them.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
slsswan
2 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having similar issue on my HP Touchsmart tx2.  Everything was fine until warranty ran out, then had intermitant screen issues upon boot up where the bottom 1/3 of screen was messed up, though could see top third and, like others have said, can flip screen to reboot.  Issue not now so intermittant... almost every boot up as well when closing lid and then opening... if issue already a problem, this will sometimes fix.  If screen ok, this will sometimes cause issue.

Tablet shipped with 64 bit Vista but immediately did clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.  This issue did not start until last couple months, so over a year running Win7.  Don't think this has anything to do with it.  Seems like a video driver glich.

This is now more than a nuisance.  Any resolution??? 

0 Kudos
learnfromit
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, it's the screen and the problem is with the equipment.  Does your screen separate into 3 thirds?  It was a problem that had to be solved by HP and they replaced the entire screen within 24 hours of sending it out.  

As far as I know Vista and 7 have nothing to do with it and you should persist with HP to get it replaced.  They will pay for shipping to and from.

Hope they respond well even though your warranty ran out.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation