cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
neme-sis
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Why Windows 7 upgrade is not free

HP Recommended

i have bought a HP laptop a month ago and it said free Windows 7 upgrade .But when tried to order ma free Windows 7 upgrade it said i have to pay £21.

why is that. why its not free. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Shannon
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The upgrade kit itself is free, but it sounds like you do have to pay shipping/handling. You're not paying for the kit itself, you're covering the cost of packing, handling, and shipping the kit to you. It is a little deceptive, but technically, the kit is still free.

Message Edited by Shannon on 11-03-2009 06:41 PM
0 Kudos
corystes
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep.  HP FAQs about 'free' upgrade state that the upgrade pack is free, but that you will have to pay postage handling etc.

Pity Arvato have it on their application form that the pack cost £21.99.  Gives the impression that p&p/handling is going to be added later.  I didn't get that far 'cause they wanted my credit card details before getting to that part of the ordering process.  If £21.99 is the whole cost it would have been more open to state so at the start.

Any event I still think almost £22 is a ripoff for P&P/handling.  How much does it cost to send out a DVD - given the savings they must be making with a large volume operation?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation