cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CharlieFixit
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Why is my brand DV7 1261 not on the Windows 7 free upgrade list?

HP Recommended
I have a beautiful new DV7 1261wm notebook and it is not on the list for the free upgrade to windows v7.  Why is it not on the free upgrade list and what is the criteria of determining the models that ARE on the list?
7 REPLIES 7
Rakhmad
Level 9
2,817 2,812 115 662
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may refer to HP/MS site regarding the list, here (choose your country/region)

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TrevorC888
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm bumping this.  I too own the 1261 and I don't get it--the retailer in Canada (and Wal Mart in the USA) each say it's eligible.  The HP/Avato site does not.  HP's own site, the link you provided, has a broken link to the PDF with the list of eligible laptops.  I spent 75 minutes calling five different toll free numbers and no body seems to be able to help.  Seems that someone is lying here...
CharlieFixit
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes...the link is broken. It appears HP is not very concerned with our business or customer relations.  I had already purchased my last HP printer and now my last HP computer.
lmanlo
Level 2
14 14 1 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just order the kit, send in a copy of proof of purchase and there you go. There are a lot of model numbers so they just list the general so yours is the dv7. Not sure what list you are looking at. 

Have you tried to order the kit. It should be able to get the upgrade. If it was bought between 6-26-09 to 10-22-09 then it is eligible. All dv7 are eligible here's the list: 

Consumer Notebooks
Compaq Presario CQ20
Compaq Presario CQ35
Compaq Presario CQ40
Compaq Presario CQ40
Compaq Presario CQ45
Compaq Presario CQ60
Compaq Presario CQ61
HP HDX X16
HP HDX X18
HP Pavilion dv2
HP Pavilion dv3
HP Pavilion dv4
HP Pavilion dv5
HP Pavilion dv6
HP Pavilion dv7
HP Pavilion dv3600
HP Pavilion tx2
HP Touch Smart tx2
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

DV7-1261wm is on the list of upgrade program.

Link to pdf is here (USA) or here (Canada) and is working. I just check it second ago.

If You have any problems with opening this document then go to this site. Fill all informations about Your system, language and download latest version of adobe reader. Install it and restart Your browser. Try to open this link again.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
MKIRANSTAR
Level 1
6 6 1 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi..

please refer to the following in which you can get the complete details why you are not getting the windows 7 upgrade discs:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01745265

RotorMarc
Level 2
30 26 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yet another 2 post wonder, if you want to threaten HP with not buying their products, then email them. This board is not the place.
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation