cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jnepoore
Level 4
82 60 5 7
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Win 10 Offer for free says AMD Radeon HD display will have problems?

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23 All-In-One 23-b034
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

An offer to reserve Windows 10 when it comes out was offerred on the tasktray. I accepted. When checking other information available in that window it said that

AMD Radeon HD 7540D  was going to have display problems?  Didn't say NOT COMPATIBLE rather it said NOT ''FULLY" COMPATIBLE.

Does this shut me down from 10 or is there a way around it. I'm not going to get another card or attempt to enter this Pavilion or take it in to have something changed.

Thanks so much!  jack  ":-D

I ALWAYS KUDO AND MARKED SOLVED. IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO ... doncha know. ":-D
Look for the thumbs up and click for a KUDO
Look to the right and see OPTIONS to mark ACCEPT AS SOLUTION. Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,306 26,661 2,425 8,957
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There have been some issues with some builds with AMD graphics.  AMD says the Radeon HD 7000 series will have support, but it may require drivers that will be available "at a  later date on amd.com":

"Q: Which graphics driver should I use for my AMD Radeon™ GPU or AMD APU?

A: Microsoft has indicated that updated device drivers are not required at this time, as existing device drivers are compatible with the Windows® 10 technical preview. AMD Radeon™ graphics and accelerated processing unit customers should use the latest available drivers from Windows Update until official Windows 10 driver support is posted on amd.com at a later date."

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation