cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
excolprof
Level 1
6 3 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Win 7 Rescue Disks

HP Recommended
Information question--If I have a set of rescue disks for Vista will I need to make a set for Win 7 when I upgrade in October?
3 REPLIES 3
dhs13
Level 2
16 11 2 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, you will have to make your own. If you need a bootbale rescue disk,  

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore will create that rescue disk.

I use Acronis 2009 to make a full backup which I store on anexternal drive. 

Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Windows 7 allows you to make a custom recovery disc with all of the applications and updates you currently have installed.
Message Edited by Adamtech on 08-21-2009 10:37 PM

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

PinoleCC
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MY LapTop crashed before I could make the Rescue disk, Best BUy replace the HD, but I have no bootable disk

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation