cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BuckoNZ
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Win 7 drivers req. for HP DV6 1215ax laptop

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firstly let me say that the drivers area, on the HP NZ website, for my new laptop is appauling.  I used to be a network engineer in a former life and always recommended HP servers and workstations to customers.  This is my first personal HP purchase in a while and to be honest I'm a little disappointed.

Right, on to the main stuff.

Laptop Model:  HP Pavilion DV6 1215ax (VK012PA)

The laptop came with Vista Home Premium however as i have a good experience with Windows 7 Release Candidate (ver. 7100 I believe), I decided to get this onto my laptop straight away.  However there are two undiscovered devices in the Device Manager. They are:

(1) Hardware ID:

ACPI\ENE0100

*ENE100

(2) Hardware ID:

ACPI\HPQ0004

*HPQ0004

I believe I have seen in another post that the HPQ0004 device might be the laptop SmartButtons, however I have installed this utility from the HP website, however this didn't seem to help.

I have also tried going to the AMD website - as I believe my laptop has an AMD chipset (AMD 780G and SB700) - however their drivers area is alomost as bad as HP's.  Still I downloaded what i thought was the right Catalyst package for my chipset, but no luck.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

BuckoNZ

Message Edited by BuckoNZ on 10-11-2009 10:29 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Proworksva
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
One of the devices is the IR Receiver. ENE CIR Receiver Driver I am still trying to figure out the other device myself. I have the HP DV6-1245dx and I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate. I to used to be a Network Engineer for over 20 years, then VITA decided to outsource to NG. The layoffs began at that point. The Circuit City, Land America, and Qimonda decided to dump thousands of IT people on the market at the same time. Needless to say the job market is overfilled. Still unemployed like everyone else. Sorry to ramble ... I hope that helps, I will post a follow up when I find the answer for the last device.
Message Edited by Proworksva on 10-12-2009 11:14 AM
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

(1) Hardware ID:

ACPI\ENE0100

*ENE100

It's Ene Cir Receiver driver here

(2) Hardware ID:

ACPI\HPQ0004

*HPQ0004

It's HP 3D DriveGuard driver here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation