cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vinmanp
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Win7 / B9180 installation problems - HELP?!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I tried adding this to another thread a few weeks ago but never got a reply, so hopefully this will get somewhere and help a few of us having difficulty...

I installed Win7 32bit and cannot get my B9180 to install. According to one poster, the sloution lies here...

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=b9100+windows+7

It may very well be in there, but all I see are 5 pages of individual files (many are .cab files) and I have no idea which ones are needed or how to install them!

When I download the Vista software suite for this printer, I get a message telling me that my OS is not supported and installation can not continue. When I try plugging in the printer via usb to let Windows find the correct software, I get a device error message identifying the printer as a mass storage device. When I try installing the XP driver set, I get a message identifying my OS as version 6.xxxx and can not continue.

The printer is currently installed successfully on my Vista Ultimate partition (I'm running a dual boot configuration until 7 is availably commercially).

I'm certain that there is something simple I'm doing wrong or missing, but after several hours, it's still got me totally confounded!

Please help?!

1 REPLY 1
vinmanp
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nothing?

Can anyone help with this, please?!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation