cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jfb00
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Window 7 upgrade and dv4-1444dx

HP Recommended

I just purchased a dv4-1444dx and HP said it will not offer the upgrade for the machine.  Is the machine Upgradeable to Windows 7 or did I make a bad purchase.  This one has 160 G drive and vista with a 64 bit operating system  and intell t4200.  I can't seem to find much out on the 1444dx from searching the net.   Any suggestions, comments welcome.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,838 772 4,463
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If You want to check is You model on list of Windows 7 upgrade program check this link. Click there on Your country and choose bottom Eligible Models.

Not only date of buying is imortant also important is which model You got.

Here is site with all informations about Your model and drivers.

Vista drivers will work also in Windows7.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
jfb00
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I had checked the listings and DV4 was on it, but the rep said no

JoeB 

0 Kudos
jfb00
Author
Level 1
10 7 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
lesson learned, don't accept first response from HP Service REP.. First said no, second I could not understand, 3rd said it should try it.. So I went to the site an have window7 coming.
0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
jfb00 - I just went out to the Windows 7 ordering website with your product # (NU992UA) and was able to have it validated as an eligible system. 
HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation