cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Tinah2
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 10 Upgrade and OEM Office Starter

HP Recommended

I haven't been able to find anything about this except for Windows Media Center that will no longer function and when I downloaded the App it said there were no issues with my computer but for another laptop, when I contacted the Manufacturer, they said that Office Starter 2010 would no longer function after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a 64 bit so have decided on keeping Windows 7 as I have no desire to having to get the paid version! I know there are freeware word processors and spreadsheets, but really like the Office Starter programs.

My HP is a 32 bit and I have the same question. Would I loose Office Starter 2010 after the upgrade? It came pre-installed from HP.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,927 93,803 12,151 25,892
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

"Office Starter 2010" is a Microsoft product, I don't think HP can control this. Microsoft has withdrawaled "Office Starter 2010" from Windows 8 and I don't think they would continue with Windows 10. Please check:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-begins-phasing-out-starter-edition-of-its-office-suite/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
93,927 93,803 12,151 25,892
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

"Office Starter 2010" is a Microsoft product, I don't think HP can control this. Microsoft has withdrawaled "Office Starter 2010" from Windows 8 and I don't think they would continue with Windows 10. Please check:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft-begins-phasing-out-starter-edition-of-its-office-suite/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

Tinah2
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer.  

Now I need to figure out how to install the App on my one laptop that doesn't have the Starter version, but won't get it on my HP.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation