cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rmcphiex1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 10 install needs re install of SoundMAX...

HP Recommended

Perhaps it wasn't the most intelligent computer decision I've ever made, but I have an old HP nw8440 Mobile Workstation that i installed Windows 8.1 onto then installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on. So far so good. But last night Microsoft installed the newest version upgrade and it needs to re-install SoundMAX inorder to give me back my audio. What drivers and such do I use for thios OS, because HP only has drivers for this laptop model up to Windows  Vista? If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

Randy McPhie

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,057 119,235 19,468 29,751
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Randy:

I would try the Vista audio driver from your PC's support and driver page.

You may have to manually install it if the auto install doesn't work.

It's fun to experiment with operating systems. 

I have currently hit a brick wall with the latest W10 build on my HP Elitebook 6930p.

Everything was working great until the latest build came out.

Now I am getting a Code 12 on my card reader (not enough system resources).

I reported the error, along with not being able to get rid of the lock screen, even though I have set the group policy to disable it.

When the next build comes out, I'll give it another shot.

rmcphiex1
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you I will try Vistas. This laptop is a spare that I use to play around with different OS's so it's not I'm in dire need. Again, thank you.
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,057 119,235 19,468 29,751
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation