cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Hakeem-05
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 upgrade

HP Recommended
I bought an hp laptop(hp ts 15-r134cl) about a month ago and I did the recovery media which was in it to my pen drive but unfortunately I have lost my pen drive .Some weeks ago it was infected with virus so I wanted to reset it to it's factory default but I was unable to do that. It was running Windows 8.1 pro so I downloaded windows 8.1 pro iso from the internet and installed it but it didn't requested for any product key and I was able to activate it, so I want to know why it didn't ask for product key. And I have all the windows 8.1updates but the get Windows 10 app is not showing on the taskbar but app is in the system folder (c:windows /system 32/GWX) I have tried it but its not showing on the taskbar. Please I want to know its not appearing because I installed the same version of the windows or my laptop is not supported by windows 10 (hp ts 15-r134cl 4th generation windows 8.1 oem machine) please I really want to know the problem.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DavidPK
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,902 16,858
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The product key is stored on the bios chip and will automatically be injected during installation if the notebook originally shipped with 8.1 pro - just check ( windows Control Panel, System ) that Windows is shown as activated.

Regarding the Windows 10 upgrade app, there's a comprehensive trouble-shooting guide on the following link - see the answer by Yaqub K.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/i-want-to-reserve-my-free-co...

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Hakeem-05
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So does it mean am using a genuine windows on my pc.
0 Kudos
Hakeem-05
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just tried it with the zip file all the updates and am eligible for windows 10 but still the icon didn't showed. So can I perform a clean installation and update to see whether it will come or not?
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation