cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dg1972
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 10 with Bing upgrade

HP Recommended
Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Will there be an upgrade path for the Stream using 8.1 w/ Bing to 10 w/ Bing now that it has been announced?

4 REPLIES 4
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @dg1972

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are looking for information about Windows 10 upgrades for when it becomes available.  I am happy to help you with this.

For now, please visit www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade for more details. HP will provide information on which units have been tested and qualified with Windows 10 as more information becomes available.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dg1972
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The upgrade fails on systems using WIMBOOT, such as the Stream series.

HP would most likely have to make the upgrade available via a recovery usb or .iso

Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,811 454 848
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@dg1972

As you are now mentioning having some difficulty with the WIndows 10 Tech Preview, I refer you to this pinned post: Welcome to the HP Windows® 10 Technical Preview discussion board. Within you will find links to Microsoft's support pages and forums for the Windows 10 Technical preview.

I hope it helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
dg1972
Author
Level 1
11 8 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of those links discuss or provide the information that is in this post:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/HP-Sstream-13-Windows-10-upgrad...

so far we will need to destroy our OS to install 10 and then reinstall all drivers. Will HP be developing an UPGRADE instead?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation