cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dead_rainbow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 7 32bit beta, sounds problem, dv4-1225 dx

HP Recommended

hellow every , basicaly i installed the beta version of windows 7  32bit on my laptop dv4-1225 dx,

everything  works fine and stuff, but i dont get sound, when i go to sound, and im playing something, the things go up and down, means its working, but i dont hear anything, and i go to device manager, it says its working proprelly fine,.

can any1 help me here? 

and i also went back to vista 32bit, same problem, sounds doesnt work:( 

but now im back to windows 7, still doesnt work, i ahve been with this, for 2 days, can some1 help me?

1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 37,717 3,357 11,501
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Download this and run it (Vista or Win 7):

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41500.exe

In Win 7 if it fails, go to C:\SwSetup\sp41500.Look for Setup.exe...right click it and choose Properties.On the Compatibilty tab, set it to run in Vista mode. Also at the bottom under Privilege Level, check 'Run as Administrator.
Hit OK and then run the Setup.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation