cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sticky1981
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Windows 7 Drivers HDX16-1101ea

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I've recently installed a Windows 7 beta on a new partition and I'm having a some problems with drivers, generally, but particularly with sound.

The default W7 audio drivers are hit and miss.  Looking in Device Manager it detects a "High Definition Audio Device" and also a "IDT HD CODEC" I don't know enough about these devices to know if they are installed correctly or not.  It would appear not because after a day or 2 of running this configuration I encounter problems with audio playback, there is a severe delay when playing sounds, CPU 0 and 1 both run at 100% and I can see that there are 2 sound related processes that are causing the demand.  If I delete the device in Device Manager and restart everything works fine again for a day or 2 then something happens and the process repeats.  Also I can right click the IDT device and search for a driver update and this has the same effect of solving the problem but only for a day or 2.  I've repeated this severall times but I haven't come accross a permanent fix for this yet.

Also, If I boot into Vista Device manager shows a IDT Codec and an Nvidia sound driver.  I think it would be a good idea to try to install Nvidia Sound drivers directly for W7 but I don't have any idea which ones I should use (Nvidia seem to be quite pro-active with their W7 driver releases).  I think I should possibly try the latest nForce ???? But I think that they're motherboard drivers???

All my other drivers have been Vista (x64) from the HP Driver pages and appear to work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArtAppreciator
Level 5
Level 5
204 200 22 75
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Win7 IDT audio driver for HDX16/HDX18  - SP45011.exe
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
cipicu86
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I just bought a hdx16-1155ca and I have the exact same problem with win7...aditionaly I also get an error after boot (system event notification service error), because of this it takes ages to boot and shut down.
Sticky1981
Author
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

cipicu,

If you go to device manager and either uninstall the IDT CODEC or update driver (I alternate between the two at the moment) That has always removed the notification (something to do with a service, view event log etc etc etc.) for me, and W7 boots in a normal time frame.  Of course when you restart it reinstalls the Driver, sound works, but for me, a couple of days later I have to repeat the whole process again.  Hmmm

I tried contacting HP support, but its like pulling teeth emailing them people.... Hopefully get an answer here???

EDIT:  It appears we are not alone.  Have a look at this thread http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Sound&thread.id=609&view=by_date_ascending&page... STacSV64.exe was the cause of the hanging for me.  There is a "solution" on page 3, it never worked for me though.

Message Edited by Sticky1981 on 04-06-2009 08:48 AM
cipicu86
Level 1
10 8 0 2
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Stiky I managed to fix all my problems by installing this sound driver here.
Sticky1981
Author
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for that link.  All seems well so far.
Sticky1981
Author
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm still having trouble with this driver/CODEC.  Does anyone know of a more recent/reliable driver I can use?
ArtAppreciator
Level 5
Level 5
204 200 22 75
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Win7 IDT audio driver for HDX16/HDX18  - SP45011.exe
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

View solution in original post

Sticky1981
Author
Level 4
123 118 2 9
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the input.  I've actually found a driver in a diiferent thread (presumably the same one) but thanks for taking the time to look.

Cheers.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation