cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
YowniDV7
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

[Windows 7] Free or not, i am really confused!?

HP Recommended

Hello,

This week i sended some e-mails to hp with the question: is windows 7 free? the answer: nothing, not even 1 e-mail back.

So i came here, forum's are always beter.

Loads of websites and communities are saying that windows 7 will be free if you bought your notebook between 26 june? and 31 october 2010, i bought mine 1 july, so i was ordering my upgradekit, it said 24,99 euro... naw never mind he...

i thought that i just had to download it, since it's an action to get rid of vista, since it had so many bugs and it just failed?

i really want to know how and where to get the free version.

i am using vista home premium 32bit

HP pavilion DV 7 series

bought: 1july 2009

bought at: Officecentre Zaandam, the netherlands

os language: Dutch

condition: nice

required specs: yes, 4gb ram, Ati radeon HD series, 300gb hd, 2 hds, one 10gb, splitted?

please help me out, i am 16 years old, and i just want the free windows 7

Kind regards

Yoni slot

p.s. i check this topic every 24 hours 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,475 304 1,050
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disk costs $120, Professional costs $200, and Ultimate costs $220. This is excluding shipping. You're paying approx $37 including shipping instead. You do the math.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
MikeOB
Level 4
Level 4
128 127 6 17
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Yoni,

Please check on this web page if your Unit is eligable:

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/win7web/nl/nl/

Again, as stated on the website in your native language:

Welkom bij het optionele Windows® 7-upgradeprogramma van HP. Met dit programma kunt u een Windows® 7-upgradekit van HP bestellen indien uw pc* aan de vereisten voldoet. U kunt vandaag al op deze website uw Windows® 7-upgradekit bestellen. U ontvangt het pakket nadat Windows® 7 op de markt is gebracht.

If your Laptop is eligable on the website, you need to order the product; When Windows 7 is launched you will then be able to upgrade Kit for your HP Unit.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks,
Michael

I am a HP Employee! Woot!
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"

How much does the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP cost?

There is no charge for the Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program from HP; however, shipping, handling, and other fees (including taxes depending on local and state laws) might apply depending on the retailer or reseller where you purchased your eligible computer."
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
YowniDV7
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

so its not free, just the taxes and shipping im paying? 24,99 is i think more then shipping only , from america?

i think this is weird, my notebook is able to order it did it before. 

DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,475 304 1,050
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade disk costs $120, Professional costs $200, and Ultimate costs $220. This is excluding shipping. You're paying approx $37 including shipping instead. You do the math.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation