cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
martyncymro
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 7 Install

HP Recommended

My system is an HP Pavilion dv9700 Entertainment Notebook

I've pre-ordered Windows 7.  When it arrives in October I'm concerned about such things as Nvidia software and others which came pre-installed.  With a clean install will the computer run just on the Windows 7 without NVidia and other software?  This may seem a stupid question, but althought I've used computers for 14 years I'm a tech novice.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When Windows 7 launches, you should be able to get any needed updates from the support page for your model on HP.com.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

martyncymro
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.  But just to clarify ... the computer will run with just the Windows 7 when it's first installed and no other software for me to go to the support page for my HP model. 
0 Kudos
c3ajeff
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just an FYI, I'm running Windows 7 x64 (advance RTM version) I just installed on a dv9700 CTO laptop and it's actually quite noticable performance improvement over Vista 64x. I did an upgrade from Vista and everything went well except the microphone doesn't seem to work (although sound drivers otherwise work and it 'sees' the microphone)

There were warnings about the fingerprint driver, but it seems to work fine (or, as good as it always did) and a few other drivers which were resolved after running Windows update a few times (it takes more than one Windows Update session to get all the updates needed.)

So far my experience with Windows 7 on a dv9700 laptop has been excellent - I would only like to get the microphone issue resolved - and HP hasn't listed ANY W7 drivers for my laptop on their support website. 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation