cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Anubis21
2 2 0 0
Message 11 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could get a Laserjet 4M very cheap, so is there a 64 bit driver for windows 7 through win-update available?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,349 26,707 2,427 9,058
Message 12 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Anubis21 wrote:

I could get a Laserjet 4M very cheap, so is there a 64 bit driver for windows 7 through win-update available?

Thanks!

Yes.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

Anubis21
2 2 0 0
Message 13 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks !!

0 Kudos
kentstutz
1 1 0 0
Message 14 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Follwing the information on these HP forum pages, I was able to successfully get my computer and printer talking. I have put up screen shots that help with the process http://sites.google.com/site/win7hp4mplus/ and had no problems. HP made a great printer. They are rocks in the small commercial environment.

System: Windows 7 64 bit
Intel Pentium D 3.2Ghz Duo
2GB DDR-6400 RAM
nVidia Geforce 9600GT 1GB RAM
Connected to Slackware Linux running CUPS
HP 4M Plus w/ Duplexer

0 Kudos
preagan
2 2 0 0
Message 15 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Apollo P-1200 worked for me as well.  Could not find the 4M listed in the Windows update.

0 Kudos
rag742
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 16 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Bob hendrick. What do. i do if my Laser jet in connected to  home netwrok through another old computer that has parelle port

0 Kudos
rag742
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 17 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Bob H: It works

0 Kudos
lconer1
2 2 0 1
Message 18 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Users running Windows 7 who have a slow internet connection will have issues with this model, but that is likely to be a small set of folks."

================================

What about users with NO internet connection.

To my mind, HP dropped the support ball big time ... all HP drivers should be available on the HP site.

Shame on HP.

Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,349 26,707 2,427 9,058
Message 19 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@lconer1 wrote: 

What about users with NO internet connection. 

To my mind, HP dropped the support ball big time ... all HP drivers should be available on the HP site.

Users with no internet connection will not be able to download drivers from HP any more easily than from Microsoft.  If you want to want to download Laserjet 4M drivers you could get them from Microsoft here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

lconer1
2 2 0 1
Message 20 of 32
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bob said "Users with no internet connection will not be able to download drivers from HP any more easily than from Microsoft."

=============================================================

Actually, this is not true Bob. I do not have an internet connection for my Win7 platform. However, I can take USB flash media to a public location for downloading drivers ... and then install to my Win7 platform from the flash media.

Would be nice if HP had not bailed out on providing drivers. As I previously stated ... I feel HP has dropped the support ball.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation